New to Canada
Welcome to Canada


A mortgage program for permanent or temporary residents (who can show confirmation that they have already applied for permanent residency) and have:

  1. immigrated or landed less than 5 years ago (note you need to take possession of the home BEFORE this 5yr mark)

  2. is working full time

  3. qualifies under standard lender and mortgage insurer guidelines, other than in the area of credit (see below). For more information on the approval process please click here



What About my Credit?

I haven't been able to establish much for credit, if any at all, can I still apply?

Yes. We can then use what is called "alternate credit" where we get a confirmation of your payment history via: letter from insurance co, telus, shaw, epcor, landlord... and/or bank statements to show your regular payments. Sometimes we are able to pull a credit report from the country of origin (most commonly attainable if from USA). 


As a standard in Canada and after your 5yr mark, the credit advised to have for a mortgage is:

  • 2 pieces of active credit

  • that credit in place for 2 yrs 

  • min $2,500 limits

Online Shopping
Working at Home


What do I need to know?

What do I need for down payment on a home?
5% down for home under $500,000.

The Costs
​There are standard closing costs inherit with any property transaction. The mortgage lender will request to see you have .50% to 1% of the purchase price ready to cover closing costs. Most times, 1% is much too high for what we actually pay in Alberta (other parts of Canada pay a lot more). You don't give this money to the lender, you just need to show you have it. 

I would love to help. 

Want to see what your mortgage could look like?

Check out the best Mortgage Calculator in Canada (teehee and it's ours)

Sharing Info That Helps 

The beginning of your adventure starts with the mortgage application

Step 1: The Application

What happens after I submit an application?

Within 24hrs you will be contacted by Nikole with any additional questions and/or information for you. Please complete the application in full, this is the #1 reason for delays at this stage and I want to be quick for you. 

Is my information secure?

All of your data is encrypted, secured and we only use Canadian servers. Click here for more information on the security of the application process. Click here to view TMG's privacy policy. I am also a 100% paperless office. 


What happens if I don't qualify right now?

Then we plan. Our homes are typically our largest asset and debt, it's normal to need some planning time. 

My realtor asked for a pre-qualifying letter?

No problem, I can provide that after application review.